You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hawaii

We just returned from a fantastic vacation (just Travis and I) to Maui Hawaii. It's nice to know that after 8 years and without our children around we still have things to talk about and we are still in love! What a fantastic man I married!

A quick overview:

*We took a submarine ride - saw lots of fish very cool!
*Went on a dinner cruise and watched a Maui sunset
*Lots of walks on the beach looking at sand crabs! (they are fast little suckers!)
*Flew to O'hau for the day and did Pearl Harbor : very sobering - every American should do it
*Took naps
*Ate at great restaurants like Ruth's Chris - with that comes a funny story....
So we are eating our fantastic steaks - (Ruth's Chris is a spendy GREAT steakhouse!) and another party of 7 enters asking if the menu is the same as Waikiki and Honolulu - they are thrilled to be there...and yet, 5 out of the 7 of the party ordered the macaroni and cheese....I about fell off my chair and later when we asked the waiter, he was a little perturbed as well....the moral of this story is - don't go to a upscale steakhouse where you should order a steak, and order macaroni and cheese.
*Drove the road to Hana and took a hike and watched people swimming in pools that came from waterfalls.
*Didn't talk about work - and we turned our phones off!

Submarine Ride








Hana Hike



Dinner Cruise @ Sunset





Honolulu - Submarine next to Pearl Harbor

13 comments:

Marie said...

Dood!!! I love the pictures! I am so glad you guys had fun. You look freaking skinny in the pictures :)

Brigg and Dianne said...

Ditto on the looking skinny! I am so glad to hear you guys had such a great time! I'll bet it's nice to see your babies when you come home though. Also, who goes to a steakhouse and doesn't get a steak?

TheSlades said...

That is flippin' tight! I am glad you guys got to go and have a blast.

Jake and Lynn said...

So glad you guys had fun...I have to admit I was jealous just thinking about you guys in Hawaii. Marie Rich posted some funny stories about your children...they are classic. I love those little ones! Glad you're home safe, I love ya!

RegaNater said...

I must admit Marie is right, you are a skinny miny. Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

Marie said...

Sup dood? I miss the kids already. I was thinking about your Hawaii pics and how you should do a separate Hawaii scrapbook! OR you can do one of those blog books, that would be cool too.

Lindsay said...

Jealous. Very, very jealous over here. I'm not even talking about Hawaii (although that would be really nice) but a vacation without kids!?! That would be truly blissful.

Gretch said...

SO FUN!! I'm so happy that you guys were able to go to Hawaii!! Good for you! It was well deserved with all the HARD work you two are always doing!

Gibbens said...

I love, love, love Hawaii!!!! and i would love to go with my honey! You got to do some WAY cool stuff- I'm glad you got a retreat... you needed it, so did Travis...

Marie said...

Your blog is SO cute!!

Heather said...

How fun to get away! And Hawaii!! I have always wanted to go there. Maybe someday! You look great! Glad you had so much fun.

Daniel and Kerri said...

It is do good to see you. I found your blog and was excited to see what you have been up to. From, Kerri Clare Goodman

scheurnohana said...

as a matter of fact i did i seved up country it was the best. erin and i also just got back from maui and like you guys we had no kids. we felt guilty for the first day or two but then got over that. here is the link for some of the pictures. we also stopped in at oahu first for two days.
http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/fantasyfootball/male