You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, September 21, 2007

What happens when...

1. You have the most imaginative 5 year old boy and...


2. He thinks he might get thirsty at school so he packs in his backpack...

a ziplock bag full of water
(yes this is a ziplock bag full of water - recreated for the benefit of the blog reader)

Everything his teacher sent home was ruined...

Even though I told him last night that he could fill the bag with water only if he kept it in the sink....today he said he just forgot.

The joys of parenting!

I wouldn't trade it!

Way too entertaining!



12 comments:

Heather said...

This is just too funny! Isn't parenting fun?!?!?!

Marie said...

That is priceless! He's a friggin genius!

Brigg and Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie said...

Dood, you are a punk. I can't believe you flew home from the reuinion without even so much as calling me!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I can tell in the photo background the TV is on the Noggin channel. My kids both have their favorites on that channel. Haley loves Dora the Explorer, and Will loves Blues Clues. Although I probably let them watch more TV than they should, at least it's somewhat educational. I actually like watching it, too. My favorite is probably Pinky Dinky Do (for the cute music).

Daniel and Kerri said...

Don't you love how smart our children are and the way their minds work. I didn't get to go to the reunion and it sounds like not very many paople went. Did you get to go?

bledsoeblog said...

So hilarious Marie, I love it! He is too smart! Hey, how did you get your pictures after your writing. Like #1. you have your description, and then your picture? You are a pro with this blogger, send me your insights! I also love the "Chesley" name.
Hey, how did you handle this weekend without our men? Are you in for THIS week?! AHHHHHH!

The Oman Family said...

That is really funny and cute!

Jake and Lynn said...

so funny...that kid cracks me up as usual. Bring them out here so we can go to Disneyland!!!

Marie said...

Suppppppp Dooooooooooooood?

Trish said...

that is so awesome. the classic blunder :)

Brittany and Scott said...

wow!!! it amazing to me the things kids do. and thanks so much for training scott so well!! :)