You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, April 8, 2010

31 Great things about being 31!

Sunday was my birthday. It was great, conference, Easter, chilling, eating at mom and dad's. Every year I try to make a list (for how old I am) of things that I love about that age.
1. Great Husband
2. Great Kids
3. Great Parents
4. Great Siblings
5. Great Friends ( I would list you all, but I would forget someone)
6. Gospel of Jesus Christ
7. Toilets
8. Car to drive
9. Coupons
10. Weeds to pull
11. House to clean (how wierd...but I do love to clean)
12. Health
13. Date Night
14. Computers/Internet
15. Good Books
16. Good Movies
17. Priesthood
18. Small hands ( I Love it when they hold mine. )
19. Cuddly kids
20. My bed (it's always better when my husband is in it - I don't much like it when he's gone.)
21. Exercise
22. Hot showers
23.Girl's Weekends
24. Gardening ( I need to get started for this year).
25. Fish ( I wish I had a fish tank - I think they are so relaxing).
26. Good TV shows (Ugly Betty, Celebrity Apprentice, 24, Good Wife, Life, Burn Notice, White Collar, Biggest Loser)
27. Adversity (yes, I am glad I have some- it make me better).
28. Good advice
29. Tears - it's theraputic to cry.
30. Kisses
31. Smells (fresh cut grass, newborn babies, clean laundry, clean house, mmmmmmmmmm so good).

So there it is....the 31 things I love this year about being 31!

7 comments:

heatherann said...

I love your list. I would have to add a couple more to mine to make up some years! ;) Happy Birthday!! Oh, and if yourun out of stuff to clean at your house feel free to come to mine!

Brittany and Scott said...

happy belated birthday marie!! hope 31 is great!!

The Gibbens said...

It was a very nice day- I'm glad that it could be your birthday also! I'm pretty glad that you were "birthed"... love you!

P.s.- did my gift make your life easier?

Heidelweiss said...

That is a fabbity fab post. Love it and you! Happy Birthday!

JakenDebbie said...

I always think of you on your birthday, Marie. I'm sorry I was forgetful about passing those thoughts along. :) But I love you!! Hope it was a great day for you!

Jake and Lynn said...

Yay!!!! 31! I always say my thirties are going to be the bomb. So happy you were born, but really wished we lived closer!!!!

Meg said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love your list!