You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, August 15, 2009

The SPRINT!








I participated in a Sprint Triathlon on August 8, 2009 (Dallin's 1st birthday). It consisted of a 500M swim, 20Kbike, 5K run. It was about 53 degrees when it all began. I had gone only wearing the clothes I was competing in and I was freezing. This AZ girl has trouble with the cold. Anyway, mom and dad came up to the start and brought me some sweats to wear before I started. Thanks! Once they came off though I was nervous and still cold, Dad was rubbing my arms and mom was trying to warm my hands in hers. It was so crazy though as soon as I had to get in the water I was much warmer. My goal was to do it all in under 2 hours....and I did it, in spite of having to fix a low tire while on the bike part of it, and turning around during the bike part because I forgot my bib for the run. (Luckily mom and dad were still at the top and I had my cell phone. - I think I was the only competitor on my cell as I began the bike. :) I got a hold of them and they brought it down to the run start for me. It was a blast, I loved it all and will definitely do it again next year- but I will do it with a road bike instead of a mountain bike. My friend Lynn did it with me and she was so great to have there as well! So fun- so hard - so cold. I was glad for the cold when it came time to run though....whew!

So my times were this: (total with transitions was 1 hour 46 minutes)
Swim: 16:14
Bike: 56:01
Run: 29:13











17 comments:

The Gibbens said...

I really am so proud of you! and you look so cute in your get-up! I like the pic of you running, white ball cap, all cute... you rock! GREAT JOB SISTER!!! ... someday I'll be as cool as you... Congratulations on finishing WELL under your goal time!

heatherann said...

You so ROCK!!!!

The Evans Family said...

Way to go Marie! You are so awesome! It looks like fun actually! Maybe I'll do it with you next year!?

TheSlades said...

Murrie!!! You are awesome. I'm excited for you, and for you to do it next time with a tri-bike.

The {Prince} Family said...

you did it?!! You are awesome girl! Wow... I wish you lived here so you could MAKE me do something like this.

Lookin good!!!

Ps- my dad is doing EXCELLENT. Hardly any scarring. He is 100% back to work. We are so thankful. My brother Chris was in Cali when the accident happened. He flew home Sunday night to see my dad and guess who he happened to sit by on his return flight? Travis parents! Kind of funny :) He said it was cool to catch up about Gilbert back in the day the whole flight home.

The Oman Family said...

You are amazing! Congratulations!!!

Meg said...

Congrats! That is awesome that you did that!

TammyP said...

That is BEYOND awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!

Heidelweiss said...

You are so awesome! Well done. I want to do one so bad. You are now my hero ;).

Arnett's said...

You are so awesome! Makes me wanna try one! How the heck do you even begin to train for that?! Seriously, you rock.

JakenDebbie said...

I am so very impressed! You are amazing!! I would love to do something like that...someday. :)

Melissa Bosen said...

What an accomplishment! I love the pic of you and Travis when you are done. That look on your face is GOLD! I miss those endorphins right now like you wouldn't believe!! Wouldn't it be fun to do one of these with a huge group of girlfriends? Then we could get everyone working on their "someday" business. :)

Gretch said...

That is So AWESOME!!! Seriously you ROCK!! Way to go. Very inspiring!

Mary said...

amazing attitude. you did soo great and man oh man you are one impressive swimmer! did you swim in High School? WAY TO GO!

Candace said...

Way to go!! That's such a cool thing to accomplish. Great job!

Jake and Lynn said...

Seriously I am soooo proud of you. I totally want to do one of these. You've inspired me. (Actually I just want to wear a one piece tri-suit, they're hot!)

Amy said...

Oh my GOSH. I have to admit, who knew you were such a Bad Ass? You learn something new about people everyday. Way to go! I'm competing in a race also...we chubby Moms get in our vans and dragrace through a Target/Michaels parking lot. ha... you rock!!!