You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tired, Tired and Laundry Soap

There are just some weeks where the word tired or fatigue just does not sum up the feeling I have; this has been one of those weeks. Travis was out of town for a fencing convention Tuesday through Thursday so the single parent thing was once again upon me. It wasn't horrible, luckily my kids were well behaved and we managed just fine, even running a few evening errands as we did not have to make dinner and be home to eat together...Something about dad coming home from work and eating as a family....changes when dad is away. Anyway, life went on.

Monday was home evening on ways that Heavenly Father and Jesus love us...we made a list that hangs by the table. We are trying to do "love" things to celebrate valentine's this month. Some of the things on the list were: church buildings, resurrection, prophets, mom and dad, etc. It was fun.

Tuesday was enrichment, and I wasn't going to go, but my dad volunteered to babysit and so I felt obligated. It was okay - nice to socialize I suppose, and free dinner. It was the prep time before I left that killed me, yes, yes, these pictures are of cottage cheese I spilled all over the floor and my pantry cabinets just before I was going to leave. It was even up on the molding of the cabinets. Nice for me Trish was here and helped me clean it up.



I usually purchase my laundry soap solely on smell, and recently changed from what I have been using to a new one (Purex to Gain) - it is the yummiest smellin' stuff ever! Anyway, when Travis got home from his trip, I had just run out of the Purex and switched to the Gain. Today and for the last 2 days he has been having the worst dry itchy skin ever...after consulting the medicinal experts in the family, we concluded it was because I had changed the soap. I am deeply devastated that I cannot continue the use of my new found love of the smell of Gain. But on the sunny side, I get to wash all of Travis' clothes again to make sure the Gain is gone and the itch leaves with it....Also on a positive note...the Purex smells delightful as well, it was the new and exciting smell of the gain that I think I fell in love with....oh well, back to the traditional.



And....this is my almost 2 year old that seems to have a knack for climbing and getting into everything...He's darn cute though. This is him on the table after I came in from talking with my neighbor.

5 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Hey, do you have red walls in your kitchen? Me too and I love it. I won't say enjoy those little ones while they are young and adorable because they grow up so soon because I thoroughly enjoy adult conversation and not having cottage cheese on my floor.

Heather said...

What a cutie he is! I know how you feel about the single mom thing it's not easy some days! I am sure you did great though.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Will saw the cottage cheese and said, "Look mommy, there's fireworks on the floor!"

Marie said...

Dood, so sorry about the cottage cheese! Were you putting frozen strawberries in it?
AND...I don't appreciate the "faker" comment :)

The Gibbens said...

I love awsome smelling laundry- I'm sorry you can't keep using your newfound joyful expressions...