You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, February 17, 2008

Coughing, Bed Wetting, Pink Eye, Fighting and a 4 day weekend


Hunter had school off on Friday and again tomorrow for the President's day holiday. Lucky for us, Tyler and Gwendalin have been getting sick and Friday rolled around and Hunter picked it up too. So, needless to say he has been ill the entire weekend and all of us are getting a little bit of cabin fever.



I was supposed to sing in church today with Tricia (which I was actually beginning to look forward to) but ended up staying home, when I caught whatever the kids have, but not as bad. The kids cough so bad in the night that I have had to wash the sheets a lot. And we have been using some previously prescribed pink eye medication to treat all of them for the gooey gunky pink eye epidemic. So far...so good we hope.

On a lighter note, before the sickness overtook our humble home, Hunter was able to help my dad fix Gwendalin's bike that Travis ran over this week. Tyler and Gwennie were able to go on a walk with my dad on the day I went to kindergarten to help with the valentine party. Tyler was not a big fan of the strap part of the stroller.



I can't really complain because we are all still alive and my kids are still stinkin' cute. And Travis is still smiling.....he's the only one who hasn't gotten the brunt of the illness...although he did get pink eye.

6 comments:

The Gibbens said...

I'm sorry you are plagued... i ran out of laundry soap today- time to see if we are allergic as well! by the way- I too am ready for me to change my post- but my camera still sucks...

Jake and Lynn said...

Oh my goodness!! Talk about a long weekend. I'm sorry you guys are all enduring the same sicknesses! Hope you will all be feeling better soon. love ya!
p.s. sorry I suck at blogging

Marie said...

Dood, this is the 2nd bike of Gwennie's that got run over!
So sorry they are all sick, that sucks man!

Brigg and Dianne said...

What a good mommy you are, Marie! I hope things get better soon!

slades said...

glad to see that you can see the light thru the trees. the whole sick thing is usually ugly.love ya

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the compliments...and you are so good at blogging....sorry you were all sick together, but at least it was all in one weekend, and not spread out over a couple of weeks...anyway, your kids are super cute!!!! keep in touch...oh and by the way who burnt Lynns forhead...My sister Camie and I kind of remembered the story when we read it, but we were all always doing each others hair so we couldn't decide if it was a real memory or not...if that mad sense?