You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine...



Thought this was a cute way to celebrate Valentine's day. (A day late)

WHAT IS HIS NAME: Travis Fitzgerald Chesley

HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN MARRIED: 8 years (Nov '99)

HOW LONG DID WE DATE: We started dating the 2nd semester of our senior year. He went on his mission. We wrote. We got married 2 months after he returned.

WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST: He did - on the park bench down the street from my house.

WHO IS TALLER: He is. But sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be taller and kiss someone shorter...so he'll lift me up on a chair so I can try. I am glad I am shorter.

WHO SINGS BETTER: Me, but he sings very well even though he doesn't think he can.

WHO'S SMARTER: Definately Travis...books, gospel the whole deal. I might have him beat at the motherhood game.

WHO PAYS THE BILLS: Me

WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED: I do.

WHO MOWS THE LAWN: I do...it's my cup of tea. Love it love it love it. especially when it's mowed diagonally. He mows too, but it's hard for me to let him.

WHO COOKS DINNER: depends on the day. he cooks a lot on the weekends....I really don't enjoy it at all...but he eats whatever I make.

WHO DRIVES: him...I hate it.

WHO'S MORE STUBBORN: me

WHO KISSED WHO FIRST: he kissed me first on the park bench down the street from my house. My first and only kisser.

WHO ASKED WHO OUT FIRST: He asked me to see the Easter pagent with he and some of his friends. I don't think we listened or watched any of it...we talked the whole time.

WHO PROPOSED: He did...after my parents made him wait a few weeks - they didn't want it to be the day after his mission. It was on the park bench at the park down the street from my house.

WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS: he does: 8 and I have 4

WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY: it's a shared responsibility...although sometimes I'd just like to be told what I need to do rather than make decisions.

Tag you're it: Dianne (Mom), Tricia , Lynn , Aunt Gay , Marie, Brittany

7 comments:

Marie said...

Just wonder why you didn't tag me?

Brigg and Dianne said...

I think I have done this tag already...yup, check December if you want to see my answers. But it was very cute that you did this on Valentine's Day. It makes it that much more romantic.

JakenDebbie said...

I love that you did this, Marie! That was fun to read. And I love that you mow the lawn --awesome!! I never knew that park bench had to much significance!! You should see if Blandford homes would let you buy it! :)

TammyP said...

You should try to get that bench for your posterity. It holds a lot of memories for you two.

Heather said...

How cute!!

Daniel and Kerri said...

That park bench must have definately been the romance bench. It should be Travis and Marie's bench. A lot happened on that bench.

SladeMomma said...

I'm not into the tag tradition, so I probably won't do it. But I enjoyed reading about you and your honey.

And I loved the closeup of Gwendalin all bundled up. What a cutie!