You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another year!

This year my birthday came at the height of some serious stress! I tried so hard to enjoy the day, but my emotions got the better of me and combined with not sleeping well and a month of just being sick and not getting well...it ended up being a pretty rotten day. By the evening, my eyes hurt so bad Travis had me get a babysitter and we just went for a drive to get out of the house. We were only gone for an hour, but can I just say it was nice to have the serenity. My kids each hugged me for a gift and drew me pictures (I love thier pictures). I should've been more upbeat about it...but I'll do better next year and hopefully I won't be so overwhelmed. I honestly think it's 3 years of major stress and my body can't get well - and I just can't seem to make it go away. I finally changed my prayers from specific help from the Lord to just asking Him to bless us as He sees fit. I sent my mom a text that night (not wanting to talk for fear of a serious emotional breakdown) and asked her what the warning signs were when she had her nervous breakdown...I have never felt this horrible and had no idea how to cope. Luckily, somehow I do and maybe even get stronger from it?


On a happier note - I would like to list 32 things that I've learned (I'm copying my sister, Queen) this last year:
1. Life does not work out as you plan
2. Good friends are hard to come by
3. My husband can make anything seem better
4. My kids light up my world
5. Obsessing over my weight is a waste of time
6. I don't like watching TV very much anymore - it tends to really agitate me
7. I like having a cell phone that can access the internet.
8. Sending the same birthday card back and forth for years between me and my best friend always makes me smile.
9. The Lord is in control, and takes care of me
10. I need to learn how to loosen up some more
11. Cleaning is theraputic
12. I look forward to date night
13. I love snuggling my kiddies
14. Time goes by far too quickly
15.I am blessed to have good health
16. I love getting new family pictures every year
17. I need to take more pictures with Travis
18. I don't like teaching piano lessons
19. I try to love to make dinner, but I still don't love it
20. Pulling weeds and doing yard work (in nice weather) calms me
21. If I look for ways to serve others I find them
22. I am getting better on a daily basis at recognizing the spirit during my day
23. I am stronger than I thought I was
24. I like to blog what happens in our family and bind it in a book each year
25. I really enjoy working in primary (I am currently the secretary)
26. I know new clothes don't make a person feel better, but I would really love a good pair of jeans.
27. I watch my kids and realize I must be doing something right - they are amazing....
28. Even if I'm tired, it doesn't mean I will be able to sleep
29. Travis is my rock
30. I hope my kids feel safe when I hold them, like I did with my parents
31. I don't like being far away from extended family - I wish they all lived in my neighborhood
32. Life goes on, regardless of our attitude so we should try to be happy and enjoy it

No comments: