You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ahhh....sleep

The other day I had to run errands in the afternoon and both little boys ended up having naps in the car. I don't know how Tyler could sleep the way he was, but he did. This was after a trip in the grocery store where he saw a twin pack of "5 Hour Energy" and told me we needed it. I assured him we did not and his response was "But mom, it starts your day off right..."I asked him how he knew that, if it was from the TV and he told me no, and then I asked where he heard it then....his reply "It was on our TV." He looked at me like I was foreign and gave me the "Duh" look. He's such a sweet boy! Dallin plays SO HARD every day (he's really into EVERYTHING!) that night comes and once he quits fighting going to bed he crashes....
If Travis and I could sleep like our kids we might feel physically and emotionally better...but we don't. I don't think you really ever sleep good again after you've had children. That's just my experience. I used to sleep so hard - now if the fan moves the wrong way I am wide awake. I almost blogged the other night at 3am - just because I could not sleep. Oh well...these little boys are sure cute in their dreamlands!

2 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

I love to let my kids wear themselves out at the park or someplace, but if they crash in the car on the drive home, forget it. It ruins any chance of going to bed early.

The Gibbens said...

They are SOOOO sweet in their dreamlands!!! WHat sweet boys... judging by this post they might need the 5 hour energy drinks... but if you've ever wittnessed these two, you know they don't! Geeze! Can you even imagine Dallin on crack? cuh-ra-zee!!