You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Can't Reach 'Em!

So I had to sub for the Sacrament chorister today at church...that meant that Travis had the kids on our pew by himself until after the Sacrament. He does fine with them but Dallin is a nightmare when we are tag teaming him - and he yells for me a lot! He could see that I was on the stand and Travis would let him stand on his legs to see me better and he would reach his arms out and try to get me (keep in mind we sit in the back of the chapel) and then tell Travis (in his not quiet voice - he doesn't have one) " I can't reach 'em!" Referring the "'em" to me of course....he was very distraught and proceeded to be upset. I had 2 separate families tell me that we were very entertaining today. What a compliment. :)

5 comments:

The Gibbens said...

I would've loved to be there for that! ... remember this, "can't quite reach it!!!" I think that was from a game of rummy kub... so, you subbed... were you as good as the original? ;-) ...p.s. I still have no answer on an address for Nathan...

Heather said...

Oh no! I don't like it when people tell me our family was entertaining in church - it means my kids weren't behaving like they should have. Sounds like you have a mama's boy!

Brigg and Dianne said...

That's a cute story! I know how it can be a pain when the kids aren't behaving, but what a cutie, and nobody in the congregation really minds.

Melissa said...

hilarious. been there done that. I actually turned down our stake primary
when they asked me to help out with another ward during my ward's Sacrament meeting.
Winslow will kill me I told them. He'll stay home rather than wrestle David and the other 3 by himself.

The {Prince} Family said...

lol that is so sweet....... he loves his mama!