You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, December 31, 2010

And they're off again!

So mom and dad are off again for yet another mission. This time for one year! I can't say I am very excited about it. I do love having them so close and my kids will miss them so much! Gwendalin cried all the way home....as you can see from the morning they were set apart Tricia and I and mom were all pretty emotional. Their blessings were beautiful and they got to leave after they were set apart. Earlier in the week their car died and they ended up having to get a new one...huge blessing in disguise....what if they had taken the one that had issues and broken down somewhere along the way....ugh! It's just wierd that they are not here and they have a newlywed couple living in their house....really wierd.....but everything works out and I know that they are where they should be and we will be blessed for their services. Travis' parents start a new mission this year too!



3 comments:

Heather said...

So cool! Your family will be so blessed that they are serving another mission. Dustin's parents served 2 also. They loved it - where are they headed to?

The Gibbens said...

When we said our "goodbye's," I didn't expect that I'd be doing it again in a couple of days!!! But here I am, at Aunt Debbie and Uncle Norman's, and they just left... again... this time we all held it together... man it's hard to let them go. But you're right, they are doing what they are meant to be doing at this time... bless them- and bless you.

Gretch said...

That is exciting, and sad I'm sure. Where are the off to?