You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, August 14, 2010

Open Water

We had a RS activity at the lake. I went with the intention of not getting in the water because I despise being cold. I took my suit "just in case." And when the third boat came to fill up with people the only ones left were the ones who had intended to stay on land. I felt guilty so I changed and went out on the water. I surfed...I have only ever water skiied like 2 times and it's been 15 years at least. Anyway, I ended up getting up on the first try - it was a lot of fun. Only problem was how sore my legs already were from my workout that morning. I paid for these activities (working out and surfing) until yesterday when I could finally walk semi normal again. It was fun - I got to know a few people better and mom even went - I think had she not been feeling so sick she would've been in the water and up on her first try :)!






3 comments:

Marie said...

DOOD - you rule! You're a surfer!

slades said...

good pictures Sol Took it looks fun

The Gibbens said...

Dood!!!! You are awesome!!!! Looks like a lot of fun, and for sure a lot of fun ladies! I love those gals! I thought that activity sounded so fun- glad you and mommer went! Was surfing SOOO fun? Seems like it would be!