You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, June 28, 2010

Lazy lazy days....



I sometimes dread the days of summer- I don't know what to do to entertain the kiddies....but I love having no schedule and the occasional sleep in day... My kids love to sleep in the same room togehter - it's like a "sleepover" and since I don't let my kids do real sleep overs it's a good substitute. Dallin liked to join in as well - he climbed out of his crib to join the crowd and crashed. Since these were taken - he now has a "crib tent" and is stuck in his crib until I decide to get him out. It's good really, because he likes to get into everything. Last night they all slept in the same room and Hunter let Gwendalin sleep in his bed - that left him with no where to sleep. I went in to check them and you can see that he found a nice cozy spot right a top his chest of drawers. I laughed so hard - took a few pictures and put him in Gwendalin's bed. Such a cute boy! Anyway, we got a small swimming pool and the kids filled it up and put it beneath the slide for an afternoon of sheer pleasure. It's nice to have them home! A good break from routine....now ask me in a few months how I feel about it and I might be singing a different song. :)










3 comments:

Amy said...

You have the most beautiful family. I love at the random places your kids fall asleep. I swear my girls don't fall asleep unless it's in a dark room, cool air blowing on them, dead quiet and of course they MUST have comfie pajamas that don't itch, scratch, rub wrong, have tags, are too tight, too loose, too pink , too blue, too purple etc. etc. etc. I dream of them sleeping on top of a the dresser or in the back of my Dad's pick up on the metal 5th wheel jack. Love it!

The Gibbens said...

HAHAHA! Hunter cracks me up, sleeping up there! good thing you checked and moved him, I can only imagine the "thud" and disorientation in the middle of the night!!! Thanks for being mean like me and dis-allowing sleep-overs... mean moms rock!

Jake and Lynn said...

If I were a kid, I would be asking to play at the Chesley house for the shear fact of the pool at the bottom of the slide. Looks SOOOOO fun! I love summer...