You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, June 28, 2010

Camping/ Fathers and Sons

I went with my parents last week and took my kids and 2 of my neices camping in their 5th wheel. It was a lot of work for a short stay - we are going to try to go again just so we can stay longer. I went up the day before our fathers and sons outing and spent the night- travis had to work so he came up the next evening and did the whole father/son camp. The kids had a blast...it's really a lot of work to take them anywhere, but it's worth it and it reminds me that there was a time in my life fighting over who had the best walking stick was the most important thing to me. There was a lot of fighting over sticks. Sleeping was a beast at 4 in the morning all 4 of my kids were up having conversations (lucid conversations) but we survived. Hunter was the "master" fire starter - he loves to build the teepee and start it. Tyler just walked around giving thumbs up and big smiles, and Gwendalin loved having Jocilyn and McKenna there to hang out with. As long as Dallin was dirty and falling down a lot - he was content. Such good memories - I wish Travis could've come.











































6 comments:

The Gibbens said...

so fun! Sorry I missed it- nextime, right? Thank you for letting my kids come and helping mom with them!

katie said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I love the pix of your mom and dad with the kids!! Great moments to cherish forever!!

Love ya,
Katie

Brittany and Scott said...

gwennie looks so big!!! i had to really look at the picture to make sure it was her; i think its the bangs. and if only i was like 200 pounds lighter because sliding into the pool looks like so much fun!!!

Jake and Lynn said...

I can't wait for my kids to camping with M&D. Looks like so much fun...good memories...

Heidelweiss said...

This looks like so much fun. I know what you mean about the work. Ugh. But great memories for the kids :).

Heather said...

Glad you had a great time! You are such a great mom!