You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hunter's Birthday Party or shall we say Pahr-tay?

So, My best best girlfriend (besides my sisters- well she is a sister) was here for Hunter's birthday party. We planned it for an hour and a half and they came ate lunch and then went on a scavenger hunt through the neighborhood. It was pure craziness. The rules were, no going in people's yards, and you had to stay together. After the first clue was read, it was obvious that those rules didn't sink in. But, hey when you've got 11 little boys running around it's crazy anyway. I think they had fun. Marie and I drove the rhino behind them while they "hunted." We had to hurry to finish because I didn't plan for enough time....so we ran home after I gave them the last 5 clues and told them to run - had cake, opened presents and sang happy birthday. Anyway, it was great- I am glad Marie was here. She really appreciated one of Hunter's friends who constantly complained about everything we did...including the pizza, the scavenger hunt and not having mint chocolate chip ice cream to go with the cake that he didn't care for.




3 comments:

Marie said...

Seriously, I could have beat that kid. Don't ever invite him again.

The Gibbens said...

What's wrong with kids who have big attitudes and complain about EVERY aspect of the party? They're the most fun! My kids were like, "what? a party?" I had to explain that it was an ALL BOY party... happy birthday Hunter!

Melissa Bosen said...

That's sad, but funny about the whino kid. I wonder if his parents realize that he's so annoying and ungrateful. They probably just think he's perfect and adorable.