You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sometimes...

Sometimes there are moments when i don't have the right words to describe how much I love my kids/family. In fact, I think probably the only fitting word would be that I have charity for them. Anyway, that is how I have felt the last little while, even though there are days when I want to scratch my eyes out, I still want to squish all of the kids because they are so stinking sweet. Lately it has been an overwhelming emotion of mine that I am so fortunate to have such sweet ones in my house....

(If anyone knows why this is underlining, drop me a clue, I don't know how to make it stop.)

Sometimes you see a Gwennie girl and you see how much energy she has for life and you are in love with her all over again.


Sometimes you see a Texas and think, man I wish I could be that chill about everything.


Sometimes you smile for the camera because your kids want to take a picture of you...

Sometimes you think your 5 month old has trouble with his ears because he constantly holds his hands up to his ears and screams...but then you go to Urgent Care and find out that he looks great and it's probably just his way of showing that he has some discomfort.

Sometimes you see how sweet the grandpa is with a sleeping baby - I think I've got grandpa on film like this with all my kids as babies.

Sometimes you can't get Gwendalin to cooperate for a picture moment and it comes out blury anyway.

Sometimes you wonder how you will survive another day with a very energetic Hunter running (literally) around. But somehow you do and then you realize that the kid just wants to do what's right and could power a city if you could bottle up his enthusiasm.


Sometimes your husband gets a new suit and you forgot how stinkin' good he looks when he wears it! rrrrr......(say the rrrrr-like you speak spanish and roll your r's to get the full effect).

9 comments:

Heidelweiss said...

Love this post. I think it's hilarious when Will wants to take pics of me. I always end up looking like a turtle. Oh the ears... Why do they do that? You look so great, by the way.

The Gibbens said...

I love this post! Your man does look nice in a suit... but I'll take the boy behind him...;-) I love that dad smiles in his sleep! Regan needs you to add her to your blog invite so she can get in- her address is: reganbeatty@yahoo.com

jolleyzoo said...

I love this post and the pictures made it come alive. I will not commit on the (rrrrrrrrr) sound, never ever...thats my baby brother, but he does look very sharp. The kids are so so so so sweet.

Jake and Lynn said...

Sometimes...I love reading your blog because you do really cute posts about your even cuter family (oh wait, that's not sometimes, I love reading your blog ALL times)

The {Prince} Family said...

ha ha.... love the rrrrrr :) I tried it by the way. ha!

I think I told you this before but your header picture is adorable. Everyone looks great and is smiling.... how did you get them to do that?!

Marie said...

Dood, you really do have such great kids. AND I am positive you have pictures of grandpa with all the kids like that...I've scrapped them all :)
You are truly blessed with a wonderful family.

Melissa said...

FUN!!

SladeMomma said...

Hopefully sometimes, almost all the time, you count up all those noisy blessings and feel very happy inside.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Very cute post Marie! You have such a sweet family. All your kids are adorable, and Travis is looking pretty dapper in that pic.