You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, May 18, 2008

Speed Racer

Tyler has mastered the art of using his legs to move his little plastic bike down the street, so well in fact, that he can make it about half way around the entire block before his pregnant mother can catch him to turn him around. Here is a little video clip of the speed racer. You hear Hunter crying in the background about how unfair his life is. Kinda funny.



Hunter and Travis went to Father and Son's and had a blast...Hunter was able to swim in a lake, throw paper plates into the fire, and get super dirty. He loved every minute. Travis enjoyed good company and hanging out with Hunter as well. I don't think they took the camera, or I would have some pictures. oh well.

Gwendalin has adopted a female attitude. Yes, yes, she has turned very sassy. She thinks she's a teenager or something. I will ask her to do something and she'll put her hand on her hip and glare at me like I am so crazy slave driver. When I threaten with vinegar (we use vinegar for language or back talking) she threatens me back: "So, go ahead, I'll spank you." Yeah, like I'm really afraid of the 3 year old...however, it's the attitude that's disturbing. Still, watching her be so sassy is really very funny and hard to keep a strait face when she's in the middle of it. Although you may get a laugh out of this...she is determined to wear her "bra" and here she is bra over the shirt....lovely. just lovely.


We made a family work day out of Saturday morning. We walked over to my parent's house and pulled weeds for about 45 minutes. The kids were so proud of their full grocery bags when we were done. Hunter and Gwendalin kept bragging about how good of weed pullers they were. I hope they always remember fun activities like that. I know Travis and I do from our childhood. We had issues keeping Tyler right with us, as he was exploring all of the other elements of the area away from us. Do you think that's a 3rd child trait....wandering being a loner doing his own thing....I don't think I was like that, but he sure is and my other two never were.

Our sink has a leak. All I can say is gross. I have no idea how long it leaked for, but we went to paint Gwendalin's finger nails and the paint was under the sink....which had completely filled with water (a drip at a time) and had begun to mold...yes, that's right mold. Here are some disgusting pictures. I cleaned it all out and threw nearly everything underneath away. It is still dripping, I think it needs re-sealed or something....just goes to show it only takes a little of something bad to grow into something horrid and out of control...we didn't even know there was a problem until it was too bad to save anything. It probably dripped for about a month before I discovered it.




7 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Hey, I LOVE!!!!!! the new big picture up top, which almost makes up for the gross pictures you shared below :0) Sorry you had to deal with that. And very cute video of the racer. Hang on, Mom, he only gets faster from here out.

The Gibbens said...

I love Aunt Gay's comments. I also loved the video and the rest of the pictures- I have an idea about the sink... caulk it, caulk fixes everything!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Hey, I love the picture in your header. Brigg never remembers to take pictures unless I hand him the camera turned on (err- I mean the camera, not me or him). The sassy girl attitude is very prevalent at my house, too. Maybe they will get it out of their systems now and we won't have to deal with it 10 years from now.

slades said...

what a cute little biker boy.
that teenage attitude will go away but it will return. remember I know someone that told me "your spanking don't even hurt" sometimes its funny and sometimes it gets under you skin.

Heidelweiss said...

Very cute video. Is Hunter saying "I've been picked on all day"? If he is, that is stinking funny. The sink is the sickest thing on earth. I love how the mold has grown in puffy white clouds to try to show how "innocent" it is! If it makes you feel better, we just discovered we have mice. We thought we left that all behind when we moved from our 60 year old house. Guess not! Welcome rodents!

JakenDebbie said...

My Tyler used to ride his bike the same way...now he actually uses the pedals -- funny thing, he was faster with his feet!! And the sassy girl thing, well, I'm just glad my daughter isn't the only one!! I am terrified of her becoming a teenager!! Being in YW has made me feel a little better about eventually being a mom to teenage girls, but still...where do these attitudes come from? Well, it's a good thing the sweetness can outweigh the sassiness!

Marie said...

um, hello? You don't want to post my comments anymore or what?