You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, May 2, 2008

A little of everything...

So, much has happened since my last post. Hunter had a field trip to the zoo and as a result was doing a report on Bobcats before they left. Each child had a different animal to research and present. Lucky for Hunter his father knows a taxidermist and called in a favor to get a mount of a bobcat for him to use during his report. Good thing for good friends. I was there for the report so I took it in and out of the school. It was a huge hit and Hunter was beaming with pride.

His latest issue is his obsession with girls and love notes. Apparently, there are 3 girls in his class who "love" him - - - and he "loves" them back. :) During our group work (while I was there at class) last week, he came out to sit down and made the verbal announcement that he should have sat by so and so because he has a huge crush on her. She just blushed and grinned and everyone at the table giggled. He has since taken the love notes received by these admirers and hung them on his wall.

Gwendalin has been sick a few days (stomach flu) and has been a real gem about it. Very proud that she can puke in a bowl and not get it in her hair. :) Oh the things to be thrilled about when you're 3! She also got a new 3 wheeled scooter to keep up with her older brother and the neighbors on their scooters. We did her hair kinda funky this week - she likes to sit still for a longer time on one day to get it done with lots of pony tails rather than doing it every day. We did that twice this week.


Tyler also had the stomach flu for a longer amount of time than Gwendalin did. He did it in the car a few times (gross) and I thought I had the car seat clean until I realized the smell was not leaving...so I had to take the seat apart to wash the thing and see if I could kill it....happily I was successful. He has also taken on climbing...the kid is a monkey. He loves to help feed the dogs in the evenings and plays in their part of the yard - this is a picture of him getting stuck on part of the fence that's back there - the other picture is of him playing in their kennels in the garage...gross!



I have been able (because of nice weather - hurrah!) to start walking with my kids again. I made it to the post office twice last week (about 3 miles round trip). It doesn't sound like a lot but it's a good hour to go there and back with the stops for drinks and world gazing on the way. Tyler and Gwendalin love it- I love it too because it's refreshing for me....although it wipes me out for the rest of the day. I have also made it a goal to start doing better at my scripture reading, so I have put my scriptures in the bathroom and I am happy to say - I am reading daily at least a chapter or more. Cheezy as it may sound I feel like I have more patience and peace since I have started that....amazing how that happens.


10 comments:

Heidelweiss said...

I love the scriptures on the loo. Wherever you can get the reading in, right! I love that Hunter has girlfriends. He's so dashing! I thought the weather was always nice there? You mean you have to deal with crappy weather too? We've been doing the 80 degrees one day, 40 the next routine around here. How are you feeling? Can't wait to see pics of #4!

JakenDebbie said...

Ah, young love...why does it have to start so young?!? I can see how Hunter would be quite the catch. :)
Hooray for walking! Today was FINALLY a nice enough day for us, so we rescued the double-jogger from the basement and went for a run/walk after taking Anna to the bus stop-- my goal is to make that a daily thing...we'll see if I can keep it up!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Hmmm, maybe that is where I should put my scriptures. I have been having trouble being consistent about daily reading ever since I had Heidi. Sounds like you've been busy. Hope things are good!

bledsoeblog said...

Marie, your blog brings a smile to my face. I LOVE Gwendaline's hair, so cute, and my co-workers and I giggled at the picture of Ty in the dog kennal. I scriptures with the toilet was too cute!

Thank you so much for letting Travis come and bring his equipment for us. It was so helpful to have! Thank you so much!

SladeMomma said...

I'm chuckling: scriptures on the toilet, vomit in the hair, kindergarten love notes - or is it 1st grade when it is much more serious? The pleasures of young motherhood.

Marie said...

Dood, you are seriously an inspiration!!!!

The Gibbens said...

You rock- I was hoping to see a pic of the bobcat! (since i missed it in real life)... you have more energy than I can shake a stick at, and I agree with your neighbor- you are a great mama!

slades said...

You are wonderful, i love the pictures and miss the kids so much. Tyler is so independant. keep up the p osts so we know what is happening

Gretch said...

So Hunter is quite the ladies man. That is too cute! I'm glad Gwendaline is feeling better. Her hair is so cute! I've tried doing that same hair-do but I can never get the parts to look good. Ty is so cute. It sounds like he keeps you busy. I hope he gets feeling better.

I LOVE the scripture idea. The bathroom is a place that will be visited many times during the day, I'm sure especially since you've hit the 3rd trimester. :)

Marci said...

Your kids are so cute Marie! I am not surprised at all that Hunter had so many admires he is a cutie. I have no clue how I am going to handle the whole girlfriend stuff when it happens?!