You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, November 19, 2007

Single Mom Week


I am glad last week is over. My husband was gone all week to a job site out of state and thus I was the single parent. The only upside to this event was that I got to hang out with my sister and her cute kids more than usual...and thus, my cute kids played with hers and life was much better than them nagging at me. :) Any how, my man is home now and life is much better with 2 parents around.





I thought these pictures of the kids were cute...hunter loves his little "ipod" it's from the dollar store a little radio....saved me loads - Tyler got the potty top stuck on his head, I got the picture just before he broke free.

We are gearing up to trek the long 16 hour drive to see Travis' family for Thanksgiving. It should be a fun/exhausting road trip with the little ones, but we are excited.

Last night we were able to visit with a few of Travis' cousins and the kids played with their kids. It was fun to see them all and hang out for a little bit. We used to (before we had kids) visit and play games and go on trips to see them and hang out...Now we all have kiddos and we still have fun getting together.

I am so shiny and blurry in this picture...oh well, I'm still nice.

So, as it is thanksgiving week, I thought it would be appropriate to make a list of things I am thankful for. Now, you may be thinking - whoa! she has a freaking long list (50 - I was going to do 100, but I didn't have time)...however, in my opinion you can never be too thankful considering what you get in return.
So, I am thankful for-

  1. My Husband
  2. My kids
  3. My Parents
  4. My Husband's Parents
  5. Sisters
  6. Sisters in Law
  7. Brothers
  8. Brothers in Law
  9. My friends
  10. My neighbors: Nancy and Bill
  11. Church / Gospel
  12. Sunbeams
  13. Nursery
  14. Seasons
  15. My House
  16. My functioning vehicle
  17. My health
  18. My bathtub and hot tub (I tend to have a sore back a lot)
  19. My Chiropractor
  20. My Digital Camera
  21. My cleaning supplies
  22. Scrapbooking
  23. Mine and My husband's jobs
  24. Washer and Dryer
  25. Trash Day
  26. Panda Express
  27. Dating my Travis
  28. Vacations
  29. Mint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks or Moxie Java
  30. Weight Watchers
  31. Turbo Jam
  32. Tae Bo
  33. Reeses Pieces ( I am not sure how to spell that exactly)
  34. A 5th Wheel to camp in
  35. Service
  36. Challenges
  37. Toilets
  38. Lysol
  39. Computers
  40. Piano
  41. Good music (Chopin tends to be a favorite)
  42. Hot Shower
  43. Random Dancing (in the car, in the kitchen, with my husband, with my kids)
  44. Kindergarten
  45. Preschool
  46. Hawaii
  47. Flowers
  48. Gardening
  49. Smell of fresh cut grass
  50. Modern Medicine
  51. Diet Soda
  52. Dairy Queen

4 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

You are so sweet Marie. I loved your list. It helps me to remember what I'm thankful for, too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Marie said...

I see your pics...and I was a little disappointed that you're only excited to come to AZ to see Trav's family and not your friend. Hmmmm

Brittany and Scott said...

what a great thankful list--you never can be too appreciative. drive safe.

Jake and Lynn said...

That's a lot to be thankful for...I'm thankful that I get to see you in just a few days!!! Yeeeeee-Haw! (I don't know why yeee-haw came out, I'm no cowboy!)