You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, January 31, 2014

Staph...a living nightmare returned.

 A few days after Lynn and Jake left my skin started to "breakout".  I assumed with the way the outbreak looked and felt that it was cystic acne coming back to haunt me from my teen years.  I was beside myself.  I had to go to Gwennie's dance recital so I tried my best to cover it so I wouldn't scare anyone.  It was still embarrassing.  I felt like I was living in a nightmare.  I would cry in my closet I would stare in the mirror in disbelief that it had returned.  Travis didn't know quite what to do.... in high school I would do my make up twice each day to try to keep it less obvious...but it wasn't.  I thought with age I had mostly gotten past it, but the cysts were back - these weren't normal breakouts.  I decided with the help of Travis to go see a dermatologist.  I was sure I was going to have to go back on Accutane, my life would be miserable and I wouldn't respond well like I had as a teenager.  The doctor took one look and told me that it was a staph infection.  what?  Yes, a staph infection.  I was put on an antibiotic and sent home.  The antibiotic helped, but it is still not all the way healed 3 weeks later.  During this time I had to go to church to accompany a musical number or I would've stayed home...I was that self conscious.  The next Sunday, I did stay home.  Travis had to cancel appointments of people coming over (ward missionaries) and I cancelled volunteering at the school, and Travis also had to go in to get our pops each day because I wouldn't get out of the car.  Thankful it was staph and not cystic again back with a vengeance I did everything that I was supposed to do and thankfully it is healing.  I asked her how I got it and she said that a person can get it anywhere...I just happened to be unlucky and get it on my face.  It took me back to such a dark place.  I didn't realize what that did to me as a teenager.  So glad it was treatable with an antibiotic.


 1/11
 1/13
 1/13
 1/16
 1/17
 1/20
 1/21
 1/22

No comments: