You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Chose not to be offended....

It is so nice when it snows to have a plow for the 4 wheeler.  We always plow our neighbor, Bill's driveway and walkway...I do not want him to fall trying to do it.  This particular day Travis got our sidewalks done and then did Bill's with help from Dallin and I.   The previous snow - we had gone to a morning appointment (I can't remember what it was now) and came home and saw that all the sidewalks and driveways had been done on our street, but the plowing stopped at our property line.  I was so upset by this - thinking that someone didn't like us...my feelings were hurt.  After all, we ALWAYS try to go the extra mile for our neighbors.  I stewed about it all day , and  like he does every time, Travis brought me back to reality -" this was not a big deal".  It was after this snow and seeing all the "plowers" out and about that I realized that the other neighbor plower knew we had a plow and that's why he didn't plow for us that day.  Duh....Marie, not everyone has it out for the Chesley's.  I learned a valuable lesson, because the other plow owner who had done all the neighbors that day and not ours is one of the nicest people on the planet.  Lesson learned.


No comments: