You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, October 14, 2010

The last of the Great Outdoors....

We took a final camping trip last week because the kids had 2 days off of school and because the campgrounds are going to close soon. Mom and dad will likely be gone next year and we won't be able to use their trailer if they take it, so we took advantage of one more trip. It was FREEZING! But still so fun. Hunter started fires, made fishing poles from long tree branches and wire coat hangers, the kids played games, played in the water, slept in the car, and got lots of dirty! It was super fun and memories were made! We took pictures by the well at the campground - my parents have similar shots of us in Colorado- so we thought it would be fun to have these to compare with.








We took a drive up the mountain on one afternoon so mom could take a nap...my kids napped too, in the car- I had to uncover Hunter's head...he had burried it in the blanket.




Grandma got a new phone with games on it - the kids loved taking turns playing!




















8 comments:

JakenDebbie said...

That looks so fun! I want a trailer to go camping in!! Such good times. And Marie, you are a super-cute camper. :)

Melissa Bosen said...

I like the picture of you & Hunter close up. Very cute!

The Gibbens said...

Wow! Tex is a brave little soldier out in that freezing water!!! Mom didn't tell me ya'll were going because she didn't want me to be jealous... I found out from Kathy- kinda funny... glad you guys got in one more trip!!!

Brittany and Scott said...

if i had a sweet trailer to take camping i wouldn't mind the cold either. looks like you guys had fun!! i swear your kids look bigger everytime i see pics of them.

Heidelweiss said...

What a fun camping trip! I could be ALL about camping if I had a trailer like that. Cute little bugs you have!

SladeMomma said...

I've been catching up on my blog reading tonight and got re-introduced to yours via the link on Trisha's. May I have permission to be a real reader? Since I haven't been recently it was amazing to see how your kids have grown. Such a beautiful family you have!

Brigg and Dianne said...

So glad you got one last camping trip in before it gets too cold. Hey send me an invite to your blog so I can sign in with my new address instead of having to log in with this old one, if you please.

Brigg and Dianne said...

P.S. The e-mail address is diannemowens@gmail.com