You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, October 31, 2010

He dressed up!

Travis is NOT a guy to dress up for Halloween. In fact, I've only see him do it 3 times now. Including the below picture. One was just after he came off his mission and he wore scrubs...that doesn't really count...but he was courting me and must've felt he had to go on the double date and therefore dressed up - it worked out though because that was the night he purposed. :) Anyway, we had a Halloween party for the ward on Friday night - mom rounded up the shirts we wore and I got Travis a nice wig. We went and stayed 1 hour...that's a record and then we snuck out as to not get noticed by the host - who would likely make us stay. It was fun. what you can't see on my costume is the bright red tights I have on to match the wig mom had. :)

The kids had fun at the trunk or treat....scored lots of candy in record time and on the way home Gwendalin threw up all over her Belle dress and then on the side of the road...poor thing. She spent most of the night up puking. So, today I am home from church with her and Dallin becuase last week i had to teach RS and Travis stayed home with a puking Tyler and the D boy. We like to invite all kinds of excitement into our lives. Any who- HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all!

Texas was some sort of Batman that I found at DI for $2 - Hunter was a soccer player from Italy with a wig, Gwendalin was Belle, and the Doodle was a pumpkin. Tyler wore his almost every day this week with his friends next door in theirs as well....how fun to be a kid and dress in costume every day!












4 comments:

JakenDebbie said...

I never think I want to dress up, until Halloween comes, and then I always wish I would have. Jake and I always think of something great on Halloween and plan to do it next year...and then forget. :) We came up with a great one...here's hoping we'll remember a year from now.

Your kids all look great! But what a bummer having a sickie. Hope she is on the mend...and no one else catches it! :)

Brigg and Dianne said...

What the...?!?! Your baby looks so much bigger! What happened?!

The Gibbens said...

my Kenna walked in and said, "What the....? Why is aunt marie wearing that bikini?!?!?" Fun halloween pics, was it freezing there? I can only imagine...

Marie said...

DOOD! Even YOU dressed up...awesome!