You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's been a while...

It's 11:25 on Tuesday night. I should be in bed, but I'm not. I just finished getting stuff ready for tomorrow so that I don't have to do it and I can make phone calls instead of stupid office work. I have caught up on lots of blogs, smiled at new posts, reflected on words of wisdom that have been shared, and now I'm writing my own little bit.

There's not a lot going on right now - my kids are healthy, we have a roof overhead, and there is heat in our house. However, near the dog kennel it stinks so bad - 2 big dogs will do that if you didn't know.

I am looking forward to Friday and it's only Tuesday. I look forward to Fridays because that's our date night. After working and running and the craze of the day to day - I find that I always look for Fridays just to have some quiet time with Travis.

Why is it I can't keep my house clean? I mean my standard of clean - yes people might come and say it looks clean- but it's not. After having baby #4 I thought I lost control, then you add working more than I was on top of that and I have no control at all...lucky for the family I do get laundry done consistently, but that's about it.

Do you ever think about your parents and how they managed to raise you? I do...tonight Gwendalin and Tyler came into the kitchen and told me that something in the bathroom broke, I asked what. Gwennie replied with "the towel holder, it got old and fell down." uh-huh....I responded with the fact that towel holders don't get old and fall down and so who was hanging on it and broke it? It turned into a "he said/ she said" - Tyler blamed Gwendalin and Gwendalin blamed Tyler.... I'm sure she thought she was pretty creative in her reasoning that the rod fell out of the wall...I know I thought the same thing when I was a kid - my excuses for things were so good - my parents had NO CLUE....yeah right! who was I kidding? They likely got some good laughs out of me. I know I get them out of my kids.

Now my head is starting to spin - it must be time for bed...morning comes way too soon....and I never feel quite as rested as I want to.

As for my ramblings....I'm done. Hope all people are well!

4 comments:

Gretch said...

Its good to have rambling posts. Sometimes we just need to get our thoughts out.

I think you should get a Mother of the year award for keeping up with laundry! Seriously. That is no small feat and something I always struggle with. I'm glad you're constant with date nights. I look forward to them too but it doesn't happen every week-its too darn expensive paying babysitters, even to go to the Temple! But we do spend time alone together weekly if not more.

You're doing a Fantastic job Marie!! Keep it up!

katie said...

Marie....

I totally know how you feel!!! Sometimes you just have to give in and say "this is as good as it's going to get!!" And that is OK!! The towel rack thing....we have that happen ALL the time. Why can't they make a child proof towel rack? heehee. Can't wait to see you guys again!!!

CS misses you guys. I showed her pictures on your blog the other day and she went crazy looking at your adorable kiddos. She can't wait to get back to Star.

Love ya,
Katie

heatherann said...

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! At least you know you aren't alone. If you need help cleaning just call.

The Gibbens said...

Just keeep the laundry- wipe down the kitchen every now and then, and take the toilet brush to the "can"... oh, and clorox/lysol wipes are a (pardon the expression) God-send... you are doing great... you're adjusting better than anyone I know-and I'm with Gretchen... at least you have date night. I beginning to understand that the prophets were right on when they instructed that one... it helps keep a marriage strong... thanks for letting Matthew and I tag along every now and then. You're awesome!!! Oh!!! and don't forget- you exercise!!!! That's HUGE!