You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tricia's Shower

So the day of Tricia's shower arrived...and Lynn put together the most beautiful decor, food, displays etc. It was so nice. We had a great turn out and she seemed to enjoy the company. We made cupcakes on Friday night allowing the kids to do a "late night" rather than a sleep over...we stayed up until midnight. I think Tricia, Lynn, and Marie did a lot of chatting, but I fell asleep on the couch...I still enjoyed being in their presence. ;) The next morning we dipped strawberries and frosted and baked more cupcakes (we ended up with way too much food....). At lunch time we ordered pizza and let the kids picnic in the front room and grandma and grandpa's -they were threatened with their lives not to get off the pink plastic table cloth. They did a great job. Then we cleaned up and had the shower. The little girls (Jocilyn, McKenna, and Gwendalin) handed Tricia the presents one at a time and we played a few little games and had some munchies...The little girls rather enjoyed the cupcakes and strawberries especially.









Fun times it was! I was super sad to see Lynn go- she is a doll and I enjoyed every minute she was here - she and her sweet Annabelle. Tyler loved the baby and would always go to her and say "Hi baby." It was so cute! But alas, still no baby (I was hoping to get one while Lynnie was still here). We even tried a good foot massage last night...but nothin'.

6 comments:

Heidelweiss said...

That Gwendalin is SO beautiful! Do you know what the forthcoming doodle bug is? Good luck with everything.

The Gibbens said...

Thank you so much for all that you did! It was an awesome shower and I really enjoyed it- the week was great with Lynn, huh? And I'm glad the timing worked out for Marie to be here too! Thank you, Thank you, thank you!

bledsoeblog said...

Congrats Tricia! Lynn had some cute decorations, I think I may copy her with the dots in Tian's room. SO CUTE!

I can't wait for your baby boy to be born. Keep us posted!
Rebecca

Brigg and Dianne said...

It all looked go-a-juss! I wish I could have been there!

Trish said...

Looks like a ton of fun...are you going to have this baby anytime soon?

SladeMomma said...

I wondered why you, Trish and Lynn hadn't been posting (but your parents had been). I just discovered that my GoogleReader had not registered anything you all posted the past month plus. So now I've been catching up. Good to see you looking so cute and prego.