You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lots of good help!

My niece Alicia was sweet enough to come and stay with us for a week to help out. She came the day before Marie left (also very good help - couldn't have done it without Marie either) . She (Alicia) entertained my three older kids while I rested and took care of Dallin. She made trips to the grocery store for me, ran other errands for me, took the kids to the park, Burger King/McDonalds, gave them baths every night, went with us to Dairy Queen, took the kids on rhino rides (it's a golf cart thing Travis uses for hunting), endured our family scriptures/prayers every night, and survived the whole week. It was an amazing help to have her here with all of her energy helping me out! There are a lot more pictures than what I have uploaded- but you can get the general idea of how much she was able to help us out. Gwendalin's hair got cute braids in it every night after her bath. My kids fell in love with her as did Travis and I - we are so grateful for her willingness to come and help out. Thanks Alicia!















8 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Marie, its Alicia! I had such a great time up in Idaho with you guys. I cant wait for next time!

love you guys!
miss you already!

The Gibbens said...

How sweet!!! I got to thinking, and I know Alicia nannied just before coming here- but did that give you some idea how great a nanny would be?! ... seriously! What a great help- she's a really neat girl- my girls were sad that she left and they spent all of 10 minutes with her!!! Great with kids- now comes getting settled into reality with the little helpers that are already built-in... and don't forget the sister down the street if you need anything!

Marie said...

I see who the favorite is now!

slades said...

It was a blessing for you to have all of the help you did. what a nice Niece. loved the pictures

Heidelweiss said...

I'm so glad to hear you've had help. I always worry about people with newborns because I'm such a psycho for about a month after I have a baby. That is a stinkin' cute bunch of kids!

Amy said...

Yo Alicia...I'm not preggers, I don't have 4 kids and we aren't related but do ya think you could find it in your heart to come stay with me for a week? You seem like you have just the energy level we need around here.

Jake and Lynn said...

How fun for your kids!!! They looked like they had so much fun with her. Hopefully you were able to get some rest. I love it when family can help out!

SladeMomma said...

So many smiles. It must have been a very happy time around your house. A new baby brother and a fun nanny niece. I hope MomX4 got lots of rest if not braids in her hair.