You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July in Star

We started our 4th of July with a little Star parade!  I bough the kids some snappers/poppers that they snapped while we waited for the parade to start.  It was a lot of fun!  Later in the afternoon, they were being little buggars- and I checked out and laid down on my bed.  When I got up- they had left me this little note.  Melted my heart.

Gwendlain and her friend Elena did their tap routine from Dance for the city talent show that evening before the fireworks began.  They took 3rd place in their age group. 
We did our own little fireworks show with Trish and Matthew before walking over to the park to watch the city's show.  The kids loved it.

During the city's firework show - Tyler and Maesyn were "magicians" and when they waved and moved their arms, the fireworks would shoot into the air.  When it was over Tyler commented to mom, dad, us, and Gibbens that "his work here was done."  such a funny kid!  He held Maesyn's hand while we walked home to make sure she was safe and when Trish told him thank you - his reply "It was my pleasure."




No comments: