You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Mom? Spring Break...

This week is spring break.  My parents have been taking the grandkids one at a time and doing fun crafty things with them.  Gwendalin had a blast making a fun cocunut colored cake and sleeping over last night.  She also made little noodle angels earlier in the week with my mom and Jocilyn and McKenna.  Hunter was able to go swimming and finish his Aqua Knot for his Webloes with mom and dad as well. Dad took the little boys on a nature walk (1.5 miles) down by the river on one day and then the next day took everyone (except for Maesyn) on the same walk and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows.  They loved it and came home smelling of fun and smoke! I am so glad they can make memories with grandparents!  What a blessing it is that my kids have 2 sets of strong God loving grandparents to look up to.

Earlier in the week I took the boys shopping and got them some appropriate clothes for spring/summer weather.  I got Gwendalin a new Easter dress and Hunter also got a new suit for church.  And yesterday we went shopping for random things and stopped at Costco for lunch.

Yesterday I went out with the boys to help them sell bread things for a wrestling fundraiser....our goal is 30 so they each have 10- yesterday we got 16!  It was such a nice day and a fun walk with them.

Today I am feeling like a failure.  They all want to go swimming - I see on facebook that lots of moms/familes took trips for spring break, or have done something fun every day...I haven't.  I was just glad to sleep in past 6 and not have the routine of school.  They keep begging to swim and I just don't have the energy...am I failing them?  are they only going to have memories of me telling them to clean?   I'm just feeling lousy.

 It may have something to do with my head pounding or that I couldn't walk due to my back acting up on Wednesday - I feel like I'm falling apart. Good news is, the cold I've had for the last 2 weeks is finally winding down.  And the UTI that I had seems to be gone....no more urinating blood - thanks to 2 perscriptions later.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You are not a failure...you have done, do, and will continue to do so many wonderful and amazing things with your children. It's ok to say that you need a break every once in a while. You are amazing, Marie!!

The Oman Family said...

You ARE NOT failing them! We are on spring break right now and we are just hanging out at home happy to not be doing the school schedule. The kids love playing outside and are happy. Don't beat yourself up over it, sometimes they just want to be able to play all day! They will get to swim later- just take a much need break now.