You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday....hmmm

I love Easter and every year I have my kids watch the Lamb of God and we talk about what the holiday is really about.  On Saturday we did the non religious hunts (previously posted) one with the city and one that Travis and the ward mission leaders from the stake were in charge of...it was a lot of fun. 

We had 2 speakers on Easter and 3 musical numbers (the primary - they did a great job signing Beautiful Savior, A Viola/Piano solo that I played in, and the ward choir).  Luckily the music was good.  The speakers however (names will not be mentioned) didn't say ONE thing about the Savior.  The first one talked about the different things of Easter - how Easter Baskets are like a bird's nest and that's why we put eggs in them, how butterflies are beautiful and lambs are all parts of spring and Easter.  The second speaker wasn't anything better - there was the start of what I thought was a poem similar to "footprints in the sand" and then all at once he said "and there he dropped me on my butt"...yes, butt - several times he mentioned buttprints in the sand....seriously?  and then he quoted a song from veggie tales that meant a lot to him.  I was so uncomfortable the entire meeting....it was hard to sit and listen when there wasn't any metnion of the atonement or the Savior. 

Call me crazy, but I was disappointed.

Good thing is we had Trish and Matthew and mom and dad over for dinner and that was a lot of fun and family!

No comments: