You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, November 8, 2012

Boise Temple Open House

The Boise Temple has been being remodeled for the last 18 months or so.  For the last several weeks there has been a public open house for everyone to come and walk through.  Travis and I were able to work on the 30th from 9am-1pm doing parking and hosting.  It is so beautiful!  I took my kids through it on halloween afternoon.  They loved it.  When I asked them what their favorite rooms were Tyler loved the baptismal font, Gwenalin loved the Bride's room, Dallin loved "the whole pretty temple part" and Hunter loved the Celestial room.  Our tour was a small group - maybe 10-15 and my kids were the only kids in the group. 

We got into the chapel before walking into the baptistry and Dallin quietly said to me "Is Jesus here?"  One of the other tour members heard our whole conversation and she was grinning from ear to ear.  I told Dallin that yes, He was there.  He seemed confused becuase his response was "I can't see Him, where is He?"  I said "Well, we can't see Him, but can you feel how nice it feels in here?, that's Him- He makes it feel so nice."  That seemed to satisfy him. 

Hunter turned to me in the endowment room while we were waiting to move on and said "Mom, it's so peaceful here, I can see why you like to come a lot."  I was glad he had picked up on that.

Travis was able to take our friend Jared Frothinger through last night - they had an amazing experience.   Jared was very receptive and had lots of questions.  I am so proud of Travis for being the example that he is and being willing to share his testimoney with his friend.  Our intention was to take he and his wife, but she got called out of town for work and couldn't go, but Jared really wanted to go before it was rededicated.

I am so excited that it is opening again so close!  I have missed being able to have it convienently available.




1 comment:

Gretch said...

That is AWESOME! What a great experience to share with your kids and friend! I hope someday we can call the Boise Temple our Temple. :-)