You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, November 8, 2012

2012 Presidential Election

This was the year we voted for a president.  The race was between our current president Barak Obama (on the right) and the republican runner Mitt Romney (left) (in the first picture).  I love this great nation, I love that I have a chance to voice my opinion through voting and to see that there are still good people who love what our forefathers have done to establish this nation!  It is still the best country in the WORLD!  I don't like President Obama.  Plain and simple, he is deceitful, he is inconsistent, and he compromises a plethora of values that this nation was founded upon.  Just before this election he announced his support of Gay/Lesbian rights and marriage.  How sad is it that we have compromised the moral standard established by the good men that the Lord put in place to found our country....and yet, here we are, doing whatever it takes to get popular and win elections.  Needless to say, Obama was re-elected on Tuesday.  I won't deny it, I was very upset, more so than I thought I would be.  I was sure we had a chance to get Romney in the White House.  But life will go on, even if the country goes bankrupt, and downhill infinitely faster under his leadership.  Enough about him, let me say a bit about Mitt Romney.

He was the republican nominee.  Yes, he is LDS.  but that's not why I loved him.  No matter how hard the other side tried to dig up "dirt" there was no dirt on him.  He has served as a Bishop, he has 5 boys grown and married, and is married to the same woman he started out with.  In these pictures you can see his eyes are soft, he has the spirit with him and undoubtedly prayed during this entire process of running for this office.  I know without a doubt that before each of the 3 presidential debates one of his sons gave him a blessing.  I know he was following the spirit through the whole thing.  He wouldn't compromise his values, he wanted to help us get a balanced budget, he wanted to help create jobs, he LOVES the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!  I love him for giving up so much to run, to set an example - and for the purpose I think the Lord had (since he didn't win) to give exposure (positive) for the church! 

It's a sad day that the nation is so divided almost evenly.  Apparently there are not enough of us that are "God Fearing" people with morals and values, who know that you need to work to support yourselves, not live off of the government....but it is what it is.  I have a few quotes/scriptures that I have found helpful determining the state in which we find ourselves and in processing the devastating loss:

"The government will take from the 'haves' and give to the 'have nots.' Both have lost their freedom.  Those who 'have,' lost their freedom to give voluntarily of their own free will and in the way they desire.  Those who 'have not,' lost their freedom because they did not earn what they received.  They got 'something for nothing' and they will neither appreciate the gift nor the giver of the gift." - Howard W. Hunter 

**the above quote is exactly what President Obama is doing....tax the rich to spread the wealth to the poor....

Mosiah 29:27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Helaman 5:2  For as their laws and their governments were established by the voice of the people, and they who chose evil were more numerous than they who chose good, therefore they were ripening for destruction, for the laws had become corrupted.





The good thing is, I still get to raise my kids in MY home with MY VALUES.  It's a good thing I have the gospel of Jesus Christ because I don't trust the leaders  of this nation....but I do trust my Heavenly Father and so I will move forward.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Very well said, Marie!!!

Gretch said...

Well said Marie! My thoughts exactly. It was a very sad day when he got reelected. It made me physically sick. I still don't understand what people were thinking when they voted for him (my 2 sisters) Just sad. Good thing we do have the Gospel and the guidance we receive through our beloved Prophet.