You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, May 6, 2012

Some things you just can't "fix"

I look around me and wonder if the chaos that I feel on a daily basis was something my mother felt as she raised us.  Life is busy, yes, and I think life was busy for my mom when I grew up too, as well as my mother in law- while they were raising their children, but I don't know if there was as much "chaos" in the world as there is now.  I have had this conversation with my mom recently and she feels the same way - it has gotten seemingly crazier and far more severe problems arise around you with the people you love and the places in which you find yourself.  I don't know when the Savior will come again, but I do know that the more chaos there is the more I find myself wondering if I should start praying for Him to come back and literally "stop the madness" because I can't fix any of it....and it's affecting people around me and watching them suffer is so hard when you can't just "fix" it.  It's not just with the world around me - it's the world around my kids....they are exposed to so many more things than I ever thought about when I was their ages and I don't like it one bit, but at the same time I know how very strong spirited they are and I know they can be an influence for good around their friends and their peers.  I have conversations about gospel topics with my kids on a regular basis....they are good kids with good intentions and good hearts. I can only hope I do a good enough job that they remain strong for the duration of their lifetime....They are little now so when they make mistakes I can put them on their beds or in time out and we can talk about it....I don't know if it will remain that way as they grow older - if they will still consider me wise?  helpful? a go to person?  That's so scary with the gammat of CRAP that is available out there I want them to come to me first to confide in my to ask my help and opinions.  I don't want them to suffer from mistakes that could be avoided....I don't want them to hurt.  But inevitably I know they will - Heavenly Father knew we would and He let us come and learn....How vast your experiences become as you age and as you raise children.  Outlooks are so much different as parents than they are when you are just the child....I guess this is just the time that you pray for guidance and mercy for those suffering around you, since "fixing" isn't possible. 

No comments: