You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, November 7, 2011

Good Examples...




Today Grandma and Grandpa Carson (aka papa cub and grandma coy) have been married for 63 years. I don't know why this year it struck me as it did, but it did. I realize more and more as I get older that the choices made by those before me have impacted my life more than I realize. These 2 people joined the church after they were married for several years, as a result my mom was able to go to BYU meet my dad and get married in the temple. In turn, I was able to be raised in the church meet my sweetheart and be married in the temple, all because grandma and grandpa made a pivotal choice early in their marriage. My life would be drastically different if they had not made that decision. So, Grandma and grandpa, thank you, for having the courage to do what you have done through your whole lives. Thank you for setting the examples that you have and showing your concern for me continually. That's what families are for!

3 comments:

The Oman Family said...

I sure love those two. What great examples of love they are!

The Gibbens said...

great pics, they really are wonderful examples of how life should be lived, how people should be treated, how to love and treat your spouse, examples of humility, total class, poise and elegance... I love them.... 63 years... that's a good long run!

Brigg and Dianne said...

You have some great pictures of Grandma and Grandpa! It hit me this year too, as something really special. What a wonderufl example they are!