You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Camping We Will Go

Every year we take a camping trip with Travis. Its sole purpose is to get the hunting camp all ready for the month of September. This year I am happy to report I drove one of the trucks and pulled a trailer! Yikes! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still made me nervous. We took my parents 5th wheel and stayed 2 days (it was going to be 2 nights too....but Dallin starting not feeling well at all.) We didn't want to fill the tanks with our using the trailer, so we all enjoyed using the great outdoors as our lavatory. I came home with a bladder infection - I don't know if that was why, or if it was already coming.....but it came. The little boys loved it and Dallin is not in diapers anymore, so he really loved being able to drop his drawers and take care of business. We played in the river, made Dallin nap in the afternoon, took rides into town on the rhino and 4 wheeler, and played games. It was super fun!







They were trying to see if they could feel how cold the water was and also see if there were any fish.


Hunter made his own bow and arrow and shot his "arrows" into the fire.

See how Travis is making the s'more? He does this for me, marshmallow, chocolate, graham all at once ....it's so ooooy goooey good!

I love this picture. It's a little dark, but it's the little boys on the other side of the trailer taking care of "business."
Tyler loved hunting grasshoppers, the way he held them I think they were dead when he let them go, but he caught them nonetheless.



It was so cold the morning we rode into town...the boys laid down to stay warmer.

Hunter and Tyler both caught butterflies down by the river.






1 comment:

The Gibbens said...

These are the things I miss... i love taking the trailer camping... looks like a great time!!! Hunter and Dallie look SOOOOO much alike, it's crazy to me... I also love the pic where lil' ms. Gwennie has her legs crossed- such a big girl... looks like a fun trip.