You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, June 23, 2011

A few randoms...(Hunter & Dallin)

Dallin fell in the pool yesterday while we were swimming. He lost his footing and was caught off guard. I pulled him up and after he wiped his face his response - several times- was "That was not awesome!" It was so funny!

Hunter had a lemonade stand today with his friend Carson. They were outside selling the rest of the crystal light that I had with the only 6 plastic cups we had, and some bags of hard candy. They worked for a little over an hour...and made $18.85. They split it down the middle, and I made them each pay me $0.50 for supplies...CRAZY!

We put a lock on our pantry and now any time it's open and Dallin sees - he runs for it yelling "THE PANTRY'S OPEN...." Hilarious.

Dallin goes to bed at night and comes into our room at least 487 times asking if we can tuck him in "one more time....I promise...." it's super funny the first 234 times...."mom, i can't sleep very good...I need you tuck me in, one more time, I promise...." "mom - dad never tucked me in....I need dad to tuck me in."

Yesterday I worked out at the park....I was taking a friend home with me afterwards and Hunter had gotten out of the car to find a ball and I didn't realize it....I started to drive away and he waved at my friend, Melanie....she waved back and off we went. I took her home and got into the garage at my house and realized I had no Hunter....I went back to get him and he had started walking home....such a cute kid. It was so funny. He said "mom, I waved at Melanie and she waved back...but then you drove away...."

5 comments:

The Oman Family said...

That pantry one is hilarious! Those all so funny! Kids crack me up!

brittany said...

marie . . . thanks for the reinvite! your boys are pretty funny and i can't wait to play with your little family!

The Gibbens said...

Those are so funny!!! I love your kids- this time with you, them, and Maesyn's Travis, is going by way to fast!!! I can picture and hear in my mind each one of these stories- so cute!!

Meg said...

Cute memories! And a very productive lemonade stand-wow!

Lynn Halladay said...

Since you told me the story sometimes I just blurt out "PANTRY'S OPEN!!!". he is hilarious.