You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There's no bears...


So I have a little Dallie Doodle that for some reason has a horrid fear of bears. Every day at least 37 times he will announce to Travis and I : "There's no bears." We confirm this and he proceeds with all of our reassurances: "Dad won't let the bears get you." "Bears live in the forest." "Aggie and Jethro won't let bears in our house."

A few weeks back he came into our room (he's now in a "big boy" bed) in the middle of the night and a few inches from my face said "There's no bears mom. A bear won't get me." This freaked me out! I was dead asleep and he came in like a stealth bomber and announced his bear news. It has become bears and bad guys now - he will refer to both....I love this kid!

1 comment:

The Gibbens said...

He's so sweet... no bears... Matthew pointed out that it's probably because of your last camping experience... and the bears in your camp, eating your food...etc.... makes sense. He's so fun! ... and you let him grow so big w/o me there!!! Can't wait to see ya again!