You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, December 12, 2009

I am the biggest slacker, but I do COUPON!

So, it's been forever since my last post. My camera got dropped and therefore I have no pictures. I have zero time, I don't know where it goes, literally I wake up and then pretty soon the day is gone. But in a nutshell here's what we've been up to.

Nancy died on Friday, November 20. Tricia and I sang at her funeral (per her request) on Tuesday morning. I was a wreck for most of the song, but Trish kept it together. Funny thing too, Nancy picked one of our hymns that she had heard us do before "Jesus The Very Thought of Thee." It was a lovely funeral. Now it's just hard to watch Bill (her husband) be alone.

I started a new hobby in the last 2 months - - - couponing! My mom gets 5 Sunday papers and gives me 4. I clip coupons and save them in my handy binder. I analyze the ads like no one's business....and get crazy good deals. Seriously, I have a year's supply of lotion (olay and nivea) and shampoo and conditioner (herbal essence) and razors (gillette fusion) that I got for free. If I don't save more than I spend at the grocery store then I get mad....I am getting very good at this...it gives me my own little "high." The things you do when you're poor.....

We are ready for Christmas - luckily we save all of our spare change from the year in a few jars and had plenty to get our kids Christmas - now we are just waiting for the day. Really life is good.

I wish I had pictures...I do but the camera is broken and my computer is getting fixed as well, so we are double whammied.

Life is great...my kids are healthy and happy and I am married to the best man ever! I got to go see The Blind Side last night and today I am chillin with the family at home.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Dood, you're the best couponer I know!

slades said...

Yep- still the T-dawg- May I echo the comment made by "Not-the-sister"(but could totally be one!) You are a mad couponer!!!! and i simply love it- you are the cutest and happiest about it and i love that!!!!! Lady, I'll go to Albertson's with you any day... and i know where to find their ads if they are out of em!!!!! .... I'm not afraid!

slades said...

I shoulda said, this is still t-dawg, catching up on your blawg! kidding! I kill me....

Melissa Bosen said...

I love your happy attitude, Marie! Thanks!