You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Camping We will go.....

We went camping on Monday after the boys got home for father and sons on Saturday.  We pulled up a tent trailer and mom and dad's 5th wheel.  It worked out ideally because the kids always wanted to be hanging out in the tent trailer. 
Tyler found a frog and that drew a whole lot of attention for all the kids to come and see.  Dallin was very intrigued and by the time he got over there and observed for a few moments....I heard Gwendalin say "Mom, Dallin is stomping the frog..." so I watched and sure enough he stomped it again.  I ran over and the poor little frog's guts were all hanging out and he was near death.  I scooped up Dallin in my arms and carried him to my car and had him sit in his carseat for "time out" - the other kids took care of the frog and put it to rest in the lake. When I asked Dallin why he did that - he said that the frog wouldn't let him catch it so he was trying to make him stop.  We had a long talk and then said a prayer to tell Heavenly Father that he was sorry he hurt the frog.
We camped right next to Cascade lake and there were a few beachy areas that the kids loved to play next to.  It was fun to watch them play in the water and then take advatage of the free showers at the campsite after they were through in the lake and were freezing.  You could hear Hunter and Tyler singing in the showers through the whole campsite.  
The kids of course  had a blast building/playing with the fire - going on adventures - and finding sticks.  Dallin found a rocky area he liked to climb and kept referring to it as his "climbing skills" -  "Can, I go do my climbing skills?"  It was pretty cute.  The kids also played games with Grandma and aunt Trish and loved every minute.

I have amazing kids and nieces/nephews. I am so glad my parents have the patience to go with us and create more memories for them to have. Tricia and I had lots of time for laughing while we slept in the tent trailer with the big kids....(Travis and Matthew were working and couldn't come).






















1 comment:

Melissa Snyder said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks goodness for grandparents with a camper. That makes all the difference in the world. Such a fun thing to do. I wish I were brave enough to take my kids camping without Lance.
Love the entry display. I will have to come over and see it in person.
Such cute pictures of Gwen's dance outfits. Love her new haircut! Very cute and I am sure it is more managable.